I believe in the City of Worcester. I love this city. Although I was raised in Connecticut, I was born here. I chose to attend the College of the Holy Cross to become the first person in my family to achieve the goal of a college education. After working in Connecticut for the first 6 years of my marriage to Melinda George, a Worcester native, we chose to move back to Worcester to raise Connor, Joe and Eva. We chose the Worcester Public Schools to educate our children.
I chose to devote thousands of volunteer hours to providing recreational opportunities for the children of upper Burncoat Street, Lincoln Village, Great Brook Valley and Main South. As Chairman of the Community Development Advisory Committee I have used my extensive experience in community activisim to advise the City Manager on how to best use Community Development Block Grant money to improve our neighborhoods. In addition to running a business on Main Street in downtown Worcester for 22 years, I have taught in the Urban Studies Department at Worcester State University for three years.
I want this city to succeed. I want this city to be a place where our children can afford to live close to us and raise their families. I want a city where our parents can feel safe and secure so we can help them as they move into their retirement years.
I want to do this by ensuring safe, walkable, clean neighborhoods; by creating a new Master Plan to give the city a new road map to achieve community goals; by bringing more art into the public realm; by seeking ways to bring more jobs into the community; by supporting safe, healthy public schools to give more children access to the American dream.
I will be available, accessible and accountable to you. Working together, we can help this city that we love to scale greater heights. Together, we are more than the sum of our parts.
There is a better Worcester in all of us.
- Married to Melinda George, Father of 3 – All Burncoat High School graduates
- Born in Worcester
- First generation college student
- Holy Cross College – BA in Political Science
- Providence College – MA in US History
- Business Owner with offices on Main Street in Worcester
- Adjunct Faculty – Worcester State University in the Urban Studies Department
- St. Peter’s Parish Basketball Program – 17 year volunteer as coach, referee, Director
- Community Development Advisory Committee – 4 year member, 4 years as Chair
- Vote No Slots Worcester – Co-Chair
- Our Lady of the Rosary Parish – 22 years, serve as Chair of Finance Committee
- 2006 Volunteer of the Year for the Tris Speaker Little League
- 2004 Wayne Nugent Volunteer of the Year for St. Peter’s Parish Basketball Program
- Awarded the Lay Person of the Year by the St. Thomas More Society of the Worcester Bar Association for volunteer activities on behalf of the youth of Worcester